Osyraa

Story: The Sanctuary
Written By: Kenneth Lin & Brandon A. Schultz 
Series: Star Trek: Discovery
Year: 2020   

I watched this episode two weeks ago and have not had the time or enthusiasm to write up my thoughts on it. I’ve started it a couple of times but at first wasn’t sure what I wanted to say. Then as time marched on I would attempt to start a review again and I was finding I have forgotten much of the episode. I had to pop it back on for something of a refresher. 
Basically the episode has two stories, one involves Book and Burnham returning to his homeworld and having to fight off the evil Orion woman Osyraa...the other is the heath issues facing Georgiou. I really find Georgiou to be the worst written character on the show. The Prime Universe version in the pilot was great, the intro of the Mirror version was fun...but she is just so tiresome. Nothing but lame quips and constantly playing tough. She is exhausting. 

I think the episode’s main plot is pretty boring. I suppose it is trying to set up Osyraa as some big bad villain going forward,  but she is about as interesting as Georgiou has been. Also why do we need a big bad? I wish they were using this season to explore the corners of this future universe, and not spending it wallowing in another bland mystery box arc and a bunch of nasty villains coming out of the woodwork. 

This wasn’t insulting, just bland and forgettable. At least when it is annoying and insulting there is something to actually write about. This has nothing to write home about. 

NEXT TIME: The Cure for Georgiou

Comments