Kyle Riker

Story: The Icarus Factor
Written By: David Assael & Robert L. McCullough
Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Year: 1989

Riker’s dad comes to the Enterprise to brief his son on a mission. Unfortunately their long term strained relationship gets in the way. The episode about these two men that are too much alike to get along…its realistic. I’m a lot like my dad, and we can argue with the best of them (I am definitely trying to lighten up though). But anyhow I thought it was a well-executed story.
The B-story involves some of the crew arranging to let Worf have a Klingon right of passage. It is a iconic moment of the series, Worf being poked by hot sticks from holographic Klingons. Awesome.

All in all I like this one, barring the coincidental past relationship between Kyle Riker and Dr. Pulaski…I didn’t buy it.

NEXT TIME: Is anybody out there?