Star Trek: The Original Series – The Whole Series Recap

TOS is a part of my childhood, as is the Next Generation. So as a result I hold a place in my heart for this series. Where as I enjoy DS9 for its own merits, I don’t have childhood memories of enjoying that series.

On a more critical note, I think the series is not just thoroughly entertaining (final season notwithstanding) but culturally important. Only the Next Generation comes close to being as important to pop culture, and it is not nearly as much as this first series.

When people think “Star Trek” most think “Kirk and Spock” or “The Enterprise”. The first thought is rarely “Picard and Riker” or “Sisko and Dax” and certainly not "Archer and T'Pol".

It is one of my favorite series, one of the shows I will always hold a place in my heart for. And the bottom line is: it IS Star Trek!

NEXT TIME: The Show is Re-Animated