The Boy Who Cried Worf

Story: Deja Q
Written By: Richard Danus
Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Year: 1990

I rather enjoyed this one. It isn’t deep or hit on any strong issues, but it is just a good ol’ comedy episode. Also I like Q. I think De Lancie does a rather good job of making a rather funny episode. I know some Trek fans get uncomfortable about comedy episodes, but I've always loved them.  If the show is always serious, then it loses something that makes Star Trek work so well. 
Q has been kicked out of the Continuum, and has been made into a mortal human being. Abandoned on the Enterprise, he must somehow find a way to fit in and not cause too much disruption, while the Enterprise is attempting to move a moon and save a planet from it's doom.  Q's vast knowledge of the universe can possibly help, but his past also puts the ship and the planet in danger, as one species he has tormented has come to destroy Q. 

I like most of the Q episodes on TNG.  I wasn't a big fan of Qpid from Season 4, or really many of his episodes outside of this specific series...but man De Lancie and Stewart had a great rapport. I liked watching them verbally spar.  And I enjoyed his relationship with Data in this episode specifically.  So I can only recommend people lighten up and enjoy some lighthearted Q entertainment. 

NEXT TIME: Krag