Ghost Story

Story: Sub Rosa
Written By: Brannon Braga
Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Year: 1994

Dr. Crusher’s grandmother dies…and when she goes to her grandmothers home, the “TNG standard unknown entity” that inhabited the grandmother…now inhabits Dr. Crusher.
The creators of this episode seem to think it is really good because they tried something different and tried a more old style horror film feel…and Braga acts as if sex scares the hardcore Trekkers and that is why the episode is unpopular. The fact is it is Braga’s inability to write BELIEVABLE sex stories that piss us off. Me anyway. I mean we are in the seventh season, and somehow the writers still haven’t met a girl willing to go out with them…so they continue to write unbelievable one–off love stories.

I am a fan of love stories; I just like them to be written like real relationships. I don’t give a shit about one-night stands, and I don’t like love at first sight. I like well built up growing relationships. This one has a weird ghost story/love affair plot. It just doesn’t work in my opinion.

NEXT TIME: The Young Ones