Vash

Story: Captain's Holiday
Written By: Ira Steven Behr
Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation
Year: 1990

This kind of feels like a dumb diversion we didn’t need to take. Picard takes a vacation to Riker’s favorite sex planet, Risa. Let me get one thing perfectly clear: Risa is fucking creepy. I know the idea is to have some kind of look into the sexuality of the 24th Century, but every attempt at it always ends up feeling forced, really creepy, or completely uneducated in just how people have sex. I think there is a line in “Angel One” in which Tasha, Troi, and Riker try to tell Data that perfume is used as an aphrodisiac that helps enhance sexual pleasure. UH NO. Perfume is used to make ladies smell nice so guys won’t be like “hey look at this smelly broad…”
I wish I could say it seems weird, but at the same time we are talking the TNG writing staff who, let’s face it, is pretty much made up of nerds who watched the original series. I don’t know if they have had many dates.

Anyhow. This episode takes us to the creepiest planet in the Alpha Quadrant (sadly not the last time we go there) and Picard tries to just read a book, despite many hookers offering their services. Then he ends up on some weird treasure hunt with a hot lady and a Ferengi or something. I don’t know. I can’t be bothered to even try to rewatch this one again now. I’d just skip it.

NEXT TIME: Floating Organic Being